Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A note from my Mommy

Dear Cooper,

Sunday was your Second Birthday! It doesn't seem like that could be possible. I remember vividly the days leading up to your birth, and how excited Daddy and I were. You were born on a Thursday morning, and that weekend the weather was rainy and of course mommy’s favorite sport was on TV the Kentucky Derby! I was working from home several weeks before you were born due to getting Bells Palsy. I remember being scared and not sure what a new mommy was supposed to do.
Your NaNa and I spent the day before shopping looking for your baptism gown. Not long after we got home that night, I started to feel different. You weren't due until May15th, so I really didn't think much about it. It was a full moon outside and it was raining pretty badly. I went ahead and went to bed thinking it was just pregnancy. Around 4am I had one big crampy pain, and then my water broke. I was shocked and still not sure what was happening! I woke your daddy up and he wanted us to go back to sleep until my doctor’s appointment that was already scheduled to see how you were growing. Around 6am I had to wake NaNa up and confirm what was going on..I had no clue. On our way to the hospital your daddy insisted on stopping by Rudy’s for tacos (no waY!) You have a crazy Daddy.

After a long, long, long day, (15 hours of labor) you were finally born at 7:20pm ,via emergency c-section, right when Survivor was coming on Thursday May3rd. That was the same day your Great-grandmother (MA) passed away. So it was kind of a nice day to welcome a blessing. Daddy and I were so happy to see you! You seemed so tiny and sweet. You had a smile on your face, like a little happy clown. You still act like a happy clown a lot, and your face still shines with laughter! It was such a strange feeling for me to be some ones mother. To know that your daddy and I were totally responsible for you, and that the decisions we would make would forever in some way mark the course of your life. I have to admit, that's still a strange feeling for me some days.

Now, as you turn two years old, I am so proud of the boy you are. You are a very smart, precocious boy. You have a wit and sense of humor that seems far more mature than your age. You may have started slow joining this old world but we all know you are here now and love every minute. You try to talk all day long! “Huh?” “what’s dat?” Never stops. Although that sometimes drives me crazy, it also makes me proud. You have an unending desire to learn. You can color like no other kiddo, you even know some of the colors especially Purple and Green. Your favorite people in the whole world is your Pa Pa and Uncle Robby. Uncle Robby does everything from flying planes to driving motorcycles. I look forward to you getting to play with them and watch the smiles you put on everyone’s face. You love your little Brother “UKE” and we sing “you are my Sunshine” to him almost every morning. You are very interested right now in, of all things, BUGS. You have a surprising amount of knowledge about how ants and snakes bite and sound. You love to tell everyone how a horse goes by Clucking..lol this makes my day. You are so interested in how things work and how to put them together. You are a feisty one!

You like to make people laugh, give worm kisses, and do "tricks". You have an amazing memory, and can pretty much repeat most of the words you hear. You are sly and sneaky sometimes, you like to climb on things, and test your luck in time out. You are always good about telling people “Sowwryy” You have developed some very good manners.

Your favorite things to do now are to play outside, play with your cars, Play with anything that has water, play on your new tractor Nana and PaPa bought you, and ride in your wagon. You love to play in the sandbox with your dump trucks. You are happiest when you're outside. You love to watch movies with Daddy, especially Cars, the Incredibles, Handy Manny and SpongeBob. You are crazy about SpongeBob!

Your favorite foods are: cheese, cereal, fruit snacks, berries, bananas, pancakes, peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, pizza, Juice, and ice cream! We're working on that. . .


Happy Birthday Cooper!

Wuv you,
Mommy






No comments: